Mathilde lives with her partner and two children in the Paris region, in Saint-Ouen. She lives in an apartment with a small garden. Since her arrival, she has been looking for a way to amplify the brightness of her kitchen, which is located at the back of her main room and which opens to the outside only through a French window.
Find out how Mathilde managed to naturally lighten her main room including the room in the back, the kitchen.
- Owner : Mathilde, couple with 2 children
- Type of accomodation : garden-floor apartment
- City : Saint-Ouen
- Opening : French window
- Room : Kitchen
- Model Espaciel installed : Terrace Reflector
CONFIGURATION AND ENVISAGED SOLUTIONS
Mathilde’s kitchen is open to the dining room which opens onto a bay window facing North-East. The sun rarely comes, only a few days in the summer. Moreover, the buildings opposite are only about ten meters away. It darkens the inside of this deep room. Mathilde wanted to amplify the brightness of this room to improve her comfort, but how could she do it?
- Her first thought was to do some work to drill another window or install a fake skylight.
- She also imagined changing the front door into a glass door to let in daylight.
These options are expensive and represent major work or co-ownership agreements. It finally found the simplest solution: the Espacial reflector.
AMPLIFY THE BRIGHTNESS OF HIS ROOM WITH THE SPACE REFLECTOR
Thanks to the Online Configurator, she immediately saw which Light Reflector is ideal for her:
- The adapted model is the Terrace Reflector because it is a bay window of 2m20 with a little sunshine.
Mathilde installed the Light Reflector quickly and easily with her companion.
- The Terrace Reflector is placed on the ground, under the sky, in front of the bay window overlooking his kitchen. It is thus perfectly positioned to redirect daylight to the back of his kitchen and amplify the luminosity.
“We can change it easily depending on the time of day or our presence outside. Sometimes it’s on the terrace, sometimes on the grass.”
The day of the installation, Mathilde immediately saw an immediate increase in brightness in her kitchen. Her room being deep, she was happy to see that the daylight redirected by the Espaciel Reflector went all the way to the back of her kitchen.
Before/after photo of the brightness gain in gray weather
The living room consisting of both the living room and the kitchen could finally be bathed in light from one end to the other. They were delighted to finally be able to cook in daylight.
Video at Mathilde of the gain in brightness on a sunny day
“Now we turn on the lights less. We’re thinking of buying a second Espaciel Reflector to boost the brightness, maybe even another one for our sons’ room.”